Monday, March 24, 2014

Positively Remove AVG Search page in Firefox after removing AVG

OK AVG, enough is enough, you are garbage and dead to me. I have spent hours finding your crappy software littered around my computer.

Issue, I install PowerISO and those idiots installed AVG serach tool bar on my machine. Uninstalled it with Malwarebytes, but continued to have an issue where Firefox new tab would give me the blasted AVG search screen, powered by Yahoo.  I Goolged and Googled, others have had the same issue.  OK, cannot believe nobody had the solution.

I kept getting about 5 avg.install* avg.tab*  blah blah installed into my Firefox prefs.js file after I deleted them, where is this coming from? Found the issue, browser component in firefox.

I have Firefox installed on a Windows 7 64Bit machine, regardless, find the Firefox components directory.  Look in there for a file named avg*.js

C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\browser\components\

bastard file  avgMozXPCOM.js

AVG you suck and can only get money from pairing up with greedy software people who bundle your crap behind the scenes to install on peoples systems.  I shall never use your product, will advise everyone I know to not use AVG, and if I see it installed on any machine, will remove your product with prejudice.

No comments:

Post a Comment